Thursday, March 3, 2011

Preparations.......Getting Closer

     Lisa and I are starting to feel the pressure and the excitement as we near our trip to Israel. Time is flying and there doesn't seem to be enough of it to get everything done. I still dn't have our passports, but have been speaking with the passport agency and I feel confident that I won't have any issues there.

     I have been watching a DVD series called" Faith Lessons on the Life and Ministry of the Messiah" with Ray Vander Laan.
It has been a great tool in helping me see the land and the people, also just learning about Jesus' time and His ministry there. My favorite so far was the section on Masada, King Herods mighty mountain fortress. Such an amazing piece of land and story behind it. I can't believe I will stand on that piece of rock and look over the same landscape. That of course doesn't even compare to the opportunity to stand in the Garden of Gethsemane and imagine what it must have been like so long ago. So many things we will see and experience, it's almost over whelming to think about it. We have our itinerary and now know pretty much what and where we will be so that in terms of pre-study on the area.

    Anyway, thought I would give a quick update and ask that folks would be praying for a safe trip and that it would impact us in ways we never thought possible. Also be praying for Israel as a nation. With all the turmoil in the Middle East, I am hoping that things settle down and that order and calm are brought back to the surrounding nations and countries.

     Be back soon!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment