Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Israel 2012

Well yesterday, I arrived in Israel for the second time. Lisa and I came here in March of 2011 and I have been lucky enough to travel to this amazing place for a second time to do some videography for the church.

One twist I added this time around was I began training to become a certified SCUBA diver so that I could dive in the Red Sea while here for the first few days. What an amazing thing to do. The water is crystal clear and the fish and sea life are amazing things to look at. To look at the surface of the water is to look at the ceiling of a whole other world.


We did two dives today and I am up for two more tomorrow, then I will be certified to dive anywhere to a certain depth. Hopefully the pictures I attach will come through, if not I will try to post them again when I get a better signal.


 In between dives, while rehydrating and grabbing a quick snack, I realized I was standing 100 yards from the border of Egypt, so I asked Denny to snap a picture of me. Normally I wouldn't pose in a wet suit, but hey when in Eilat....:-)


Tomorrow we I go to Timna Park just north of Eilat to do some video taping in the desert at the life sized Tabernacle, then back to the water for the afternoon to finish off the training.

I will try to keep posting here to the blog as we make our way through the Holy Land with pics and info.

SHALOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment